Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Rest Somewhere Else!

Carl here!  It’s time to get down and dirty.  I’m talking about the restrooms and showers at campsites. If you’re like me, using a public restroom or shower is a last ditch, emergency only situation.  It’s bad enough when a family member uses the toilet before you, but a stranger.  Yuck!  At least if it’s a family member you have some kind of genetic tie, some kind of connection there. A few jumping bugs aren’t going to kill you. But if it’s a stranger, all bets are off.  No telling what those mutated Deliverance bugs will do. You might start having the urge to play the banjo.
                                                                                                                                                                        
I always try to plan our camping excursions based on my bathroom needs. Not to last more than two days or three days max, and only if we’re within 30 minutes from our house.  I figure I could hold it for a couple of days without too much discomfort. Worst case scenario if it gets really bad, I could say I’m going berry picking, sneak into the car, go home, due my duty and be back before anyone is the wiser. As far as those showers are concerned, I have no problem with smelling worse than the animals. There’s no way I’m going to use those showers. Did you ever look at the drain?  Double yuck!  No telling what went down that hole. No telling what's going to come out of that hole, grab your ankles and pull you in.  Does Freddy Kruger come to mind?       

             I don't care what they say, there’s no such thing as a sanitary restroom.  Is Mr. Clean standing by, waiting for the person ahead of you to finish.  NO!  He’s even afraid.  Restrooms by nature are biological breeding grounds not fit for humans.  I learned this by having two sons.  They can throw a baseball fifty feet into a catcher’s mitt but can’t hit the toilet from two feet away.  Did you know that when a toilet is flushed, anything that was swimming around in there can be thrown twenty feet in the air. You better bring your catcher’s mitt, and a toothbrush.  So if you’re really planning on using the restrooms, bring plenty of Lysol (industrial strength) and a strong stomach.

Camping fun with Carl signing off.

No comments:

Post a Comment