Monday, October 31, 2011

I Am 99

Carl here. No, I'm not 99 years old (don't look at my picture, bad lighting.) And no, I'm not Agent 99 from "Get Smart," but I am part of the 99% who makes under a trillion dollars a day. Give or take a billion or two. So, what does this have to do with camping you say? Well...........

What it comes down to is this, the wall street protesters are basically campers in disguise. They found a way to camp in the middle of a big city and get away with it. How sweet is that. They have their tents, they have their grills, hopefully they have sleeping bags that go down to -20 degrees, because winter is coming fast. Those wall street guys wouldn't want them to freeze to death, would they?  Although.... it would be quite entertaining for them, watching from their high perch, with champagne and binoculars in hand.  Na......well maybe.

There are some similarities between the way I camp and the way the protesters camp. I deal with nasty skunks, spraying foul smelling gland excretions; they deal with eye burning, lung clogging, tear gas canisters being hurled at them. I deal with attacks from rabid animals and an occasional wife. They get attacked by big men, with helmets, shields and rubber bullets. No one said city camping was easy!

Which brings me to my last point. Are these protesters really part of the 99%. They don't seem to work anywhere. They spend all their time protesting. I think they are part of the 9.1%..... the unemployed!


Camping fun with Carl, signing off.

No comments:

Post a Comment