Wednesday, January 18, 2017

Chapter 7: Raindrops Keep Falling On My Head

                                       Day 1   


Tha ---------Tha----Tha----- Tha, Tha, Tha.  My eyes tiredly open from a less than restful sleep.  My brain barely functioning declares, what’s that noise.  My mind fog starts dissipating as my eyesight sharpens, reality finally sets in: Oh crap it’s raining.  “Rain” I thought to myself would be my worst case scenario for this weekend.  I had no idea what lied ahead.

I decided to try rolling off the air mattress so I wouldn’t wake Bonnie up.  No sooner had I rolled off, she hit the deck and woke up.  Apparently most the air came out of the mattress during the night. That’s the second problem with air mattresses, they always loose air.  “What’s the matter” Bonnie said?  “I’ll show you” I said as I unzipped the door.

Rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain,
rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain,
rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, “Make sure nothing touches the side of the tent” Bonnie yells.

 “What are you talking about,” I replied.  “If anything touches the side of the tent water will start coming in.”  My first reaction was, yeah right!  It sounded pretty farfetched.  I’m not the kind of guy who never listens to his wife.  I’m the kind of guy who once in a while listens to his wife.  I could have easily just blew it off as a “she doesn’t know what she’s talking about,” but being the loving understanding husband that I am, I looked at it from a scientific viewpoint.  The tent is made from tightly woven canvas with very little air space between the threads. The water droplets just glide over the air gaps.  Now if something pushes against the tent from the inside, that gap widens enough to let the water molecules pass thru it into the tent.  Oh darn, she’s right for the second time in our marriage.  The first time she was right was when she married me.  Maybe I’ll call Myth Busters on this one; I don’t want her to be right more than once. Alright kids listen to your mother, don’t touch the tent.  We don’t want to build an Ark in here.  


No comments:

Post a Comment