Friday, October 25, 2013

Camp Paradise Intro

Carl Here!
Everyone remembers their first time.  Emotions run rampant; your heartbeat races with anticipation, beads of perspiration explode onto your skin. . . senses are amplified, colors become brighter, smells more intense, a boy becomes a man, a girl becomes a woman. . . . Ok, get your minds out of the gutter; I’m talking about camping here, your first camping adventure to be exact.
Whether your first time camping was memorable or forgettable, it stays with you for the rest of your life.  And the longer it stays with you, the more embellished it becomes.  My first time camping was over 30 years ago.  Can you imagine how embellished my story has become.  The thing is, you don’t have to imagine it, because I wrote a book about it.  And I’m going to share a good portion of the book with all my readers.
 I’m going to publish my book online, which will send it into God's great universe to manifest itself.  Hopefully, if everyone likes it, a book publisher will print it, a big star like Adam Sandler will make a movie about it,  and world peace will reign again.  I like to dream big.
Lao-Tzu once said, “The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step,” well, my journey began with a 1982 Ford Granada tan colored station wagon (not a good choice to pick up chicks)……..and it was only about 150 miles, but it’s my adventure and my gas, so strap on your seat belt, and let’s take a ride to. .o . . . o. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .  . . . . . . . . .you guessed it. . . . . . . .

                                                               (Trumpets sounding)
Camp Paradise ! ! !

Did you hear the trumpets?  Oh, I’m sorry, that’s the movie version.

No comments:

Post a Comment